Balochistan: BLA accepts Killing of Four Pakistani Soldiers in Kalat Ambush

Balochistan: BLA accepts Killing of Four Pakistani Soldiers in Kalat Ambush

KALAT, BALOCHISTAN: The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has taken responsibility for an armed attack on Pakistani security forces in the Khazinai area of Kalat district, adding that four military personnel were killed and two others injured during the assault.

In a statement issued on May 21, 2026, BLA spokesperson Azad Baloch said the group’s fighters carried out an ambush targeting a Pakistani military convoy returning from an offensive in the area.

According to the statement, the attack took place in Kalat’s Khazinai region, where the group said that Pakistani forces had been conducting military offensives and harassing local Baloch residents. The BLA said its fighters surrounded the convoy from multiple directions and used both light and heavy weapons, including rocket launchers and sniper fire.

The spokesperson stated that the clash continued for approximately one hour, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and added that four Pakistani personnel were killed at the scene while two others sustained serious injuries.

The group said it carried out the attack in defence of the Baloch population and warned that it would continue targeting Pakistani security forces. The statement further declared that the BLA would show “no leniency” toward forces acting against the Baloch people.

Pakistani authorities had not issued an official response to the BLA’s statement at the time of reporting.

The Baloch Liberation Army is a Baloch pro-freedom armed group active in Balochistan and has previously claimed responsibility for attacks targeting Pakistani security forces and state infrastructure across Balochistan.

Related post